8/17/2004

A WEIRD THOUGHT

I had a weird thought, today. I was sitting somewhere, when out of nowhere, into my mind pops this idea to start a church somewhere in the Middle East, and live amongst them. You see, WEIRD!

No details, no location, no nothing, just that thought. And now? Now I find myself thinking about that. Here’s what I have come up with.

1. I would have to find the place, if God is directing me.
2. What about my daughter? Thoughts of God making it certain that my daughter would not be a stumbling block in this truly frightens me. So, I will not think about that.
3. Did I mention that all things God are weird?
4. I know God stretches us, but this idea seems so far fetched, that it seems certain it was just a “Tom” thought, and nothing more.
5. Upon reviewing number four, I find myself strangely interested in researching this, a little more. Hmmmmmmm
6. Where?
7. How?
8. Why?
9. I heard a thought in my head a little while ago. It could have been another “Tom” thought. It said, “Go share what I have taught you about being my body. You know what you need to know.”
10. Maybe I ate something that caused this?
11. I have time, I know this.
12. I will use that time to find out if there is anything to this.
13. If this ever happens, I will have an awful lot of people to say goodbye to.


After having a chance to think, while driving to pick up my daughter from music lessons, here is some more.

14. Why am I so attached to this place?
15. Who says I have to live here, can’t I live anywhere?
16. Then, there are more thoughts of my daughter. What about her?
17. I don’t know if I could be of help in starting a church with no one else to help. Then I think of Jesus. Oh yeah.


That’s about it, for now. Just some thoughts, yet there is a strange organization to them, at least from my perspective. You see, this is something I have wanted to do, only not now, but later, when my daughter is eighteen. Maybe the Lord IS telling me something. Maybe this isn’t something I ate. I don’t know yet. But I know I am going to find out. Hope all is well with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: #13 ...or perhaps you have a log of people to say "hello" to. : )

Tom Reindl said...

Thanks anonymous, That is a better way to look at things. Still, I miss people when I am not around the ones I love, you know? And I don't just say that as something to say. I relly feel it in my heart. So.........if ever I have to say goodbye, maybe I won't. Maybe I'll just leave, and do it from a distance.

bruced said...

Tom,

The longer I am "being" the church, the more I see the church all around me. It's not about "starting something", but about seeing what is already there. If you want to take what is already there, and turn it into something "official" and "structured", then that's a different story. But, for me... I'm very happy to know the love of the church of Jesus Christ which is all around me.

Luv ya bro!

Bruce

Tom Reindl said...

Bruce,

I can assure you, I have no desire for something official or structured. The start would be a start for me, because I do not see going amongst a group of believers and telling them we are now going to be a church as anything God will have me do. No, as I see it right now, He wouldn't have me go any place where His name is already well known. He would have me go where no one or very few believes, and He would have me simply live amongst them, and use me as He wills. That's what I meant by starting. Some call this missions work. Right now, I call it suicide, because I just don't understand it. But, if it is His will, then He will see to it that I know what I need to know. Where there is no part of Christ's body in view, that is where God will plant me, at least that is what I am understanding so far. And remember, I haven't yet determined if this is from God. But thank you very much for your comment, and for the reminder, because I admit, I need it. I love you.