8/28/2004

JOY IN WORK

I'm off to work today!! : )
Just as the project I had been visited on fell apart so quickly on Wednesday evening, on Thursday night, we had a nasty storm. I told my daughter I can't remember when we had so much lightening. The sky was lit up almost constantly for over an hour, with torrential rains, and heavy winds.
I woke up to a sunny sky on Friday morning, and then a phone call. A good friend of mine (for whom I had recently built a closet with built in drawers) was calling. He told me he needed me to come over and look at his back door, which had been crushed by a falling tree. I had work to do!!
I had to wait to start, though, as the tree is still leaning on the house. By 10:00 AM today I should be able to start. I thank God for keeping me busy, and I pray He will continue. This might be a long day, dependant upon how crushed the door frame is. We'll see. Oh well, it's nothing a few sharp blows with a hammer can't fix, heh? I always say, there is absolutely nothing that cannot be FIXED with a hammer. Get that, Mr. Computer? : )
Maybe I'll be back in time tonight to write some more, maybe somthing that has a little more depth than broken glass and twisted steel, splintered wood, and finished projects. Thanks for bearing with me while I have been waiting. Hope all is well with all of you.

No comments: