8/09/2004

LISTS

Okay. High speed internet is up and running, and I only had to spend one hour messing with it. Not bad, not bad at all. Now, if only I can fine tune my firewall so it’s not so @*!**?@! intrusive.

I thought I would write out a list of twenty things I’d like to accomplish before I die, as I was inspired by Messy Christian . Then I began thinking about it, and I realized I may not be ready to open up like that. My hat is off to you MC, you obviously are able to share more easily than I.

I don’t know why I am not ready for such a simple undertaking. Do I have something to hide? Not to my knowledge. It’s just that there are some pretty personal things on my DO-LIST, and I’d rather not yet share them publicly, if you know what I mean. Heck, some of them, I’m not even sure if I really want.

So, I will give a brief list of things that aren’t very personal, just dreams really, that will never happen, but that I wish I would get to experience.

1. Be the starting pitcher in a Major League baseball game. Haven’t thrown for any team, or played organized ball since I was sixteen.

2. Take back all the rotten things I have ever said to anyone. Since that is impossible, the best I can do is make sure it never happens again.

3. Live to see Jesus come back.

4. Finish my boat.

5. Know that I will be greeting everyone in my family in heaven.

6. Fly to the moon in a rocket.

7. Build my dream house.

8. Sit on my porch as an old man, and have a young man stop by and talk just because.

9. Help a group of believers be a church in a Muslim nation.

10. Write the longest coherent sentence ever. I’m actually doing pretty good on that one, I think : )


These aren’t in any particular order, and as you can see, they are dreams that most likely will never become reality. That’s okay, I’m fine with not getting everything done on my lists. I am sure most people are. But the personal things are mine, for now. Maybe someday, I will share them, when I know if I really want them or not. It’s to be left up to God, and I am more than fine with that, too. God bless you very much, all of you.

No comments: