8/22/2004

REFOCUSED

It is absolutely amazing!! The difference a few days brings, that is.

Several days ago, I was wallowing in myself, focusing on the wrong things, and thereby making an arrogant ass out of myself everywhere I went. These last few days have been the gentle shower of grace my scum covered self needed. Things are clear again, even though circumstances are not. I am not going to worry about circumstances. I’ll do what I can do the best I can, and the rest, well, that’s up to God.

My pastor preached today on perspectives, and his message was like the voice of God speaking directly to me. This is the first time that has happened in weeks. I needed it, I needed to cement what I had been planting the last few days. (Maybe a better way to say that is “what God has been planting”)

Perspective is extremely important when we are dealing with other people, and let’s face it, we deal with other people all of the time. I was ignoring other people’s perspectives, at least to some degree, I was. But we can all do with less of our perspective, and more of God’s, I think.

I don’t have to be right, and more importantly, I don’t have to sacrifice others on the altar of right. Now that’s freedom! For those of you I was an ass to, I ask if you could forgive me? For those of you I was not an ass to, be patient, you’ll get your chance. (Joking!!!)

FOCUS!!! I lost my focus, briefly, as I said the other day. Issues and circumstances tempted me, and I followed. But the TRUTH hasn’t changed, it is the same today that it was yesterday, and that is why I do not have to climb back up to where I was. I told a brother today I had been focused on things like theological debates, and fear over other people’s ideas leading them into trouble. Okay, that is an explanation of what I told him. What I actually said was, “Again, it goes back to being what I am called to be, and an arrogant know-it-all ass is definitely not what I was called to be.” So, now you know what my real problem was.

I have another problem I am dealing with, and maybe if I have time, I will write about it tonight. Maybe if God so chooses, He can take this problem away without it causing more pain than it already has. We’ll see. It’s not a problem I am causing, but I sure am having to deal with it, an awful lot. Well, Jesus did say we would have trouble, didn’t He?

No comments: