8/25/2004

STILL WAITING

Writing is strangely difficult tonight. I went for my appointment made with the man who stopped because of my sign yesterday. I spent about an hour and a half with him and his wife. Took a lot of notes, made a quick, bad drawing (it doesn’t need to be good at this stage), and asked about a hundred questions. All in all, a very good visit with them, and I think we all felt comfortable with each other.

That’s important to me, that I feel comfortable with the people I work for, and they feel comfortable with me. My job isn’t just to take their money and build a few things. I often feel like I am building relationships with the people I work for. So, tonight was not a strange night at all. Rather, it was very normal. They asked me to come back tomorrow if I could with a computer drawing of their kitchen as they had told me to do it, and I said I would. I left feeling very good about meeting them, and I thanked God for the opportunity. Like I said, a very normal meeting.

Until about 8:00 tonight, that is. That’s when I received a call from this fellow, asking me to hold off on the drawing, and coming back for a while. He told me he would call me and let me know when they were ready again. Hmmmmm

Well, I will work on the drawing tomorrow anyway, in the hopes that someday, they will call. It will give me something to do. At the same time, there was some disappointment, but not much. This is the way it goes sometimes. It’s just this time seems a little strange.

Money was mentioned only once tonight, when they asked me how much a tile floor might cost. I gave them a very rough estimate, and told them I do not do tile floors normally. So we never discussed any amount of money regarding the work I would do. Usually, it’s the money that stops the job, so I am not sure of what is happening here. It may be nothing. Or, it may be something that this couple didn’t take into consideration before they met with me. Lord, I hope everything is alright with them. They were a really nice couple, someone I would have enjoyed getting to know.

Maybe all the questions made them realize they haven’t thought this through yet. Whatever it is, I don’t have the answer, and I am okay with that. I have already talked with God about this, about being frustrated, but also being thankful for the opportunity anyway. After all, I did what I was asked to do. There remains nothing else for me to do. So, here is a chance for me to trust God, and leave this with Him.

I have a sense of peace over this that goes beyond being frustrated. I feel like I have regained my focus for the gospel, and for the lost. Somehow, this phone call just doesn’t seem like all that big a deal. Thank you, Jesus, for restoring my focus, and for things I do not yet know about.

1 comment:

Tom Reindl said...

Diane,

Thank you very much. One can never have enough peace. Peace right back atcha, sister.