2/21/2006

YOU ARE WELCOME HERE

Let’s face it, we all do it. We all like to see how people are coming to our weblogs. Out of sheer curiosity, I checked how they come to mine tonight. Here I thought they came because they like what I write.

Maybe some do, but by far, the most interesting reason I found was a person who was searching for “How much profit do drywall companies make?”

It’s nice to be humbled every so often. I don’t even advertise that I do drywall work, mainly because I can’t stand working with it. Which leads me to wonder why my weblog came up on a search for drywall company profit? I have no idea.

There were other searches, and visits from people all over the world. Again, it’s nice to be humbled, and being visited by people from around the world is one sure way to humble me. I don’t deserve it, don’t they know any better? Maybe someone should tell them.

Then, there were the regular people who visit me, and for all of you, I can’t tell you how much you mean to me. I am so glad to be able to talk with people I can’t visit in any other way than through this medium. You all have enriched my life beyond explanation. Thank you.

I am reminded of something I read from Brother Lawrence once. I don’t recall the exact words, but the gist of it is God is with you all of the time, what need have you of special prayer times and worship moments?

If I could hope anything for all of you, it would be that you and I spend the rest of our lives fully realizing that very fact.

No comments: