2/05/2006

QUICK RECOVERY?

It is Sunday evening, just minutes after the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Congratulations to all Steelers fans everywhere. You have won five Super Bowls, a feat matched by only two other teams.

Of course, you still have seven or eight championships to win to catch the greatest team ever, The Green Bay Packers, but still, five Super Bowl titles is amazing.

A strange thing happened to me today. I became very ill in a very short period of time. I took my daughter to lunch this afternoon, came home, and decided to take a nap. I felt fine when I laid down. Forty-five minutes later, I was sick. I mean feverish, headachy, sneezing, wheezing sick. I could feel my head burning, and my body felt as though Jerome Bettis had run me over a dozen times while I slept. It was 1:30 PM when I woke up.

I took four Ibuprofen. Nothing, no results, it just got worse. By the time the Super Bowl started, I couldn't imagine myself going to work tomorrow, which sort of pissed me off. So, I took four more Ibuprofen, not knowing what else to do. Then, as I ate supper, I realized I wasn't really hungry. I put my plate in the kitchen, walked into my living room, and determined myself to simply rest and try to watch the game.

Forty minutes later, I was back in my kitchen, grabbing my cold plate of food, and wolfing it down. I was famished!

I don't know if it is the Ibuprofen or not, but I feel almost back to one hundred percent. I still feel warm, but not HOT. I am hoping this is the shortest lived virus in the history of man.

Stay tuned, and I'll let you know.

No comments: