2/14/2006

AND GOD SPOKE TO ISAIAH!

The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain; a banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow, and refined, aged wine.

And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples, even the veil which is stretched over all nations. He will swallow up death for all time, and the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, and He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken.

And it will be said in that day, "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited; let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation." Isaiah 25:6-9

From the perspective of your theology, does anyone care to explain this one to me?

I mentioned a short while ago that I felt I was on the verge of a great discovery. I am still on the verge, but more hopeful than ever.

I am confused, but not afraid, and definitely I do not feel abandoned. Instead, I feel great hope. How is it possible for such a confused man to feel great hope?

I think it’s because the discovery I am making is true, and I am waiting to finally say, “Yes”. I think it is because I am NOT waiting to say “no”. Hope is a positive thing.

All I know is, there has always been so much talk about heaven and hell amongst the religious, and none of us knows what we are talking about. There has only been one who came from heaven. I know Him, He knows me.

That is what I KNOW.

Everything else is speculation right now, but some things are becoming more clear. Like, how can I be sure of His love for me? Truth is, I can’t be, (even though I am sure) because I have no way to prove it. That is where trust comes in, and my heart tells me that this trust is not generated by me, for how could a confused man generate trust in something he is only confused about? Seems like I am all garbled up, doesn’t it?

Not nearly so!

I am only partly garbled up. But it seems to me that the more I realize how He loves me and accepts me, the more I hope; not just for me, but for every person. How could I not? There shouldn’t be any hope for me. After all, what right does a sinner have to hope? But if one sinner, then why not all?

God is said to be just, and it is said that He is not partial.

I have a question for you. If God is not partial, how could He give me hope and redeem me, and not everyone else, and still be impartial?

Just some thoughts.

No comments: