2/02/2006

IMAGINE

For most of our lives, we have been taught that we live in a democracy, those of us fortunate enough to live in America. Some never question that word, “democracy”. The truth is, we don’t live in a democracy; we live in a republic, one that is very similar to ancient Rome in the days of their senate, before the emperors. Okay, maybe not totally similar, but the idea of it is similar.

For many long years now, our nation has been a supposed bastion of truth and goodness. On the surface, that may appear to be true. But in the heart of this nation, something is very rotten.

It’s called politics.

Will someone please tell me what bad consequences we could expect if we outlawed political parties? Are there any? I know that the politicians would come up with hundreds of bad consequences, but since they are no longer trustworthy, would a history student or a political science student please answer that question?

I have been watching the battle between democrats and republicans for many years now, and I am sick of it. There is not even one senator or congressman, locally or federally, who consistently votes his conscience. To the person, every one of them is a whore to their political party. It seems to me that the “party” was over a long time ago, and all these faces we see in our nation’s capital are merely hangers on with massive political hangovers.

What would it be like politically if we outlawed political parties? Can you imagine even trying? Can you imagine Ted Kennedy’s response? Dick Cheney’s? My guess is, the moment we tried, the freedoms we have come to love would disappear rapidly, with the patricians (oops, I mean politicians) clinging desperately to the power they have sold their souls for.

Seriously, imagine our nation without the two animals at each other’s throats. Imagine no more elephant. Imagine no more donkey. Imagine no more career politicians.

I love John Lennon’s song “Imagine”. I think that song speaks what is in nearly every person’s heart (save maybe for the politicians and “church” leaders) Imagine no more politicians, no religion, too. Imagine all the people, living life in Peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will live as One.

I believe that one day, there will be no need for senators and congressmen, ambassadors and prime ministers. I believe that day is rapidly approaching. I believe that when that day comes, the third world war will begin, man against the animal of partisan politics and aggressive elitism. This war will be unlike any war that ever came before it. It will be a war mostly of words, but there will be bloodshed, too. Maybe not. I hope not.

I believe that especially in this country, the idea of senators, and congressmen is outdated. With the advent of the internet, the people of this nation no longer need political parties voting for us as proxies, especially since those proxies do not vote the way a normal citizen would. A normal citizen, not under the influence of political parties and lobbyists, would be forced to mostly vote his conscience. There isn’t a snowball’s chance in hell that any of today’s senators or congressmen vote their conscience, despite what their lying advertisements tell us. They whored themselves out to their “parties” long ago, and no longer have a conscience, not even a collective one.

I have had my say. I can do that in this nation, and at the least, I thank God for that. Peace be with you all.

No comments: