10/27/2004

MAY THE LORD......

The Lord bless you, and keep you; The Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26.



That passage is rapidly becoming my favorite passage in all of Scripture. It is something I wanted to say to you all. If nothing else, remember, this is God’s heart for us.

Furthermore, this passage does not tell us what our part is, other than invoking the name of the Lord in the verse that follows this passage. The words spoken above are all about God, and all done FOR us

Can you imagine what it physically feels like to have God’s face shine upon you? I consider the sunshine, and I think, as warm and as bright, as shining as it is, God’s face must be even far more so. Whenever I think of God’s face shining on me, I think of God as smiling.

I just want to encourage you all tonight, that’s all. Please try and remember these words when life is hard, which for many, is every day. Even to remember that God’s face is shining upon you can be enough. You don’t have to remember the verse number, or the book. Heck, I don’t. You’d be amazed at how much more I remember simply because my mind is not filled up with a bunch of useless numbers.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Thanks Tom!!!!