8/25/2005

LOOKING AHEAD

The next three weeks are going to be hectic.

If I can get through these three weeks, things will return to a managable pace for me, and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to that.

As far as spiritual things go, I am enjoying pondering the eighteenth Psalm. Listen to this:

As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God,
The God who girds me with strength And makes my way blameless?
He makes my feet like hinds' {feet,} And sets me upon my high places.
He trains my hands for battle, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great.
You enlarge my steps under me, And my feet have not slipped.
I pursued my enemies and overtook them, And I did not turn back until they were consumed.
I shattered them, so that they were not able to rise; They fell under my feet.
For You have girded me with strength for battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.
You have also made my enemies turn their backs to me, And I destroyed those who hated me.
They cried for help, but there was none to save, {Even} to the LORD, but He did not answer them.
Then I beat them fine as the dust before the wind; I emptied them out as the mire of the streets.

Do you know what these sentences mean to me?

They mean freedom and strength. David shows that God is not distant, and that He isn't only concerned about "saving" us. He is also involved in equipping us, and if we follow this equipping, we may one day praise God in words as David did as well.

Do you see how David knows that he was able to accomplish many things? Do you see who he credits for the skill, strength, and hope? I've been reminded of the skill of my hands, and I can only say God gave it to me.

This is freedom, that we would walk in it, and do mighty things because the Lord has equipped us to do so. Believe it, it's true.







No comments: