3/23/2005

MY TRUCK, HAROLD

I am not feeling much like blogging tonight. I’m tired, discouraged, and overall, just plain frustrated. My truck needs some fixing, and I am not sure if the cost to repair it is worth it. There are over 241,000 miles on it, and at some point, it is going to die.

I don’t want to even think about having to buy a different truck, because to do so would mean having to get a loan, and I’ve become quite accustomed to not having any loans. Frankly, just the thought of it angers me.

Oh, don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine. I just don’t want to look for a different truck, and go through the hassle of arranging financing. Know anyone who is giving away a perfectly good truck? Ha ha ha.

I’ve gotten used to my truck. The previous owners called him Harold, and they are amazed that he is still running. Actually, he is running fine. The problem isn’t engine related, it’s suspension related, and no, I’m not talking about shock absorbers, which would be a cheap and easy fix.

Oh, suck it up, Tom!!

This is just one circumstance in the entirety of my life. It will pass, and it won’t kill me. Even if it did, I’d live beyond it forever. Sometimes, all we can do is look to that eventuality when we will be with God beyond this physical body which dies. Tonight, I don’t want to play car shopper, or car financer, or any thing else. I just want to be a child of God.

No comments: