6/28/2004

TALKING WITH MY DAUGHTER

Hello!!! Yesterday, I had a marvelous conversation with my daughter, Ally. You see, I have been trying to help her realize that her faith is her faith, not her daddy's. That's not easy to do, by the way, because sometimes the very act of encouraging her in faith can leave my marks all over it, to the point where she learns only what I have told her, and thus, it becomes her daddy's faith. Hmmmmmmmmm............

We talked about heaven yesterday! What will it be like? What will we do there? Will we eat? Will we play? Will we know people there? Will it be boring? (this is a standard question from any twelve year old).

So............ here's some of what we came up with:

1. We will definitely be able to see Jesus, something both of us long for.
2. We might be able to fly!!!
3. We will worship God, and never get tired of doing it.
4. We will never again have a stomach ache.
5. We will never again be betrayed by someone we trust and love.
6. We will never feel like crying.
7. We will never be irritated, angry, or confused.
8. We will always feel just like we do on Christmas morning!!!
9. We will never have to be alone, or feel alone in a room full of people.
10. We can drink the water, and not worry whether it will make us sick.
11. All of our questions will no longer be unanswerable.
12. We'll never fall down, or hurt ourselves.
13. Ally will not be my daughter in heaven, she will be my sister (this one really blew her away!)
14. We will never be embarrassed by our parents again. (Do I do that?)
15. We will eat a feast like none ever prepared before. I'm hungry already.
16. We will never have a headache again.
17. We'll get to see angels!!!
18. We'll live forever!!!
19. If there are bikes in heaven, we'll never fall off.
20. We'll never be tempted to sin again.

You can probably tell which ones a twelve year old girl would come up with. Or can you? Anyway, here's where I ask you to help us fill this list up. Life can be very hard. I happen to think sometimes wondering what heaven will be like can help. So, help us think about heaven, help us think about what we will see, or what we will do, please? It's got to be better than being a Chicago Bears fan!!!! For them, heaven can't come soon enough!!(Can you tell I am a Green Bay Packer fan, the official football team of heaven?)

Incidentally, when is the last time we cheered as loudly for God as we do for our favorite sports team? I tried that today. It felt great!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Packers??? Are you kidding me. The Steelers are the only team worthy of sainthood! hehehe

Bruce

Tom Reindl said...

I knew you couldn't resist that one!! I agree that the Steelers are, and have been, a grea team. Can you agree that putting aside the dry seventies and eightees, that the Packers are worthy as well?

Do you find it odd that the Bears fans have been curiously quiet? Maybe thay all gave up and went for heaven now?