6/26/2004

MISSY'S TESTIMONY

"I don't know why"
He said to Missy
When she asked him about Mama.
"Sometimes we're not meant to know
all the reasons everlasting,
and sometimes people when they go
fulfill a purpose with their passing."

Little Missy was seven years old
when her Mother became ill.
She grew to nine before the day
cancer laid her Mama still.
Missy was there for all the pain
her Mother suffered through,
and with tears falling just like rain
she watched the last breath Mama drew.
Missy's Father took her in his arms
and prayed a silent prayer,
and he said these words to Missy
as his tears fell in her hair.

"Mama's up with Jesus now
and someday we'll see her there.
She's in Heaven with the Father
and her soul is in His care."

"Mama prayed to Jesus, you see,
and gave her heart to Him.
He's the one nailed to the cross
Who died for all our sins.
And He just couldn't bear to see
Mama suffer anymore,
so Jesus came to take her to
the place He prepared her for."

Missy's Father explained salvation
to a girl growing up too fast.
Without her Mother to hold on to
she'd need the strength that lasts.
So Mama's passing achieved the purpose
that God intended it to.
Her Mother died and she was saved
and Missy made it through.
She knelt down to say "Help me, Jesus",
and she asked Him to save her, too.
While she prayed she cried so softly
but she thanked Jesus anyway,
and through her sobs she wept her prayer
and came to Christ that day.

"My Daddy said,
'Mama's up with you, dear Jesus,
and someday we'll see her there.
She's in Heaven with Your Father
and her soul is in Your care.' "

"Mama prayed to You, dear Jesus,
and gave her heart to you.
You're the one nailed to the cross
who died for all we do,
and You just couldn't stand to see
mama suffer any more.
Thank you, Jesus for taking her to
the place you made her for."

Nine years later Missy came to speak
in front of her whole school.
Her Valedictorian's speech was required
and she knew just what to do.
Classmates, teachers, and family were there,
these people she testified to.
She told the story of her Mother
and what her passing meant.
She told of being saved through death
and the life her Savior spent.
Through her sobs she spoke of Jesus
in passionate words that went:

"My Mother is up with Jesus now
and someday I'll see her there.
She's in Heaven with the Father
and her soul is in His care."

"Mama prayed to Jesus, you see,
and gave her heart to Him.
He's the one nailed to the cross
who died for all our sins.
And He just can't bear to see
you suffer any more.
Won't you please just let Him lead you
through salvation's open door?"

The years passed by, and Missy knew
that her heart belonged to Jesus.
But a man came by and loved her, too
They were married two years ago June.
Missy came to know her man
and in her a child grew.
Nine months passed by and joy was heard
in the cries of an infant new.

But life has a way of coming round
and God has plans to sow.
The doctors found a tumor,
Missy's womb would have to go.
So they cared for her as best they could
but the cancer continued to grow.
Missy was torn between two worlds,
her Mother she missed in life.
But her daughter born the other night
would miss her Mother's life.

Time was short and Missy knew
her life was growing dim.
Jesus was calling and soon would come
to take her home with Him.
She spoke to her husband
the Father of her child,
these things she said to him.

"I'm going away to Jesus soon
and someday you'll see me where
I'll be in heaven with my Mother
waiting to welcome you there."

"There's something I need to say to my girl
but can't, I have to go.
Help prepare her for this world,
and pray Jesus save her soul.
Bring her to her Mama's grave
and like my Father did
"tell her,"


'Mama prayed to Jesus, you see,
and gave her heart to Him.
He's the one nailed to the cross
Who died for all my sins.'
"Tell her,"
'He just couldn't bear to see
Mama suffer anymore
So He came down to take her to
the place He prepared her for.'

Missy's husband promised he'd do
all the things she asked him to,
and as he held her in his arms
He asked her something, too.
"Missy, please forgive me,
for the times I was cross with you?"
Missy smiled and answered strong,
"I have,and love you, I do."

Late last night Missy called her man
and asked him, "Please, please try.
The Lord is calling, I hear Him now,
I want to say goodbye.
Bring my little girl, I love her so,
Please bring my Daddy, too.
Remember what you promised me,
and try to be here soon."

When he arrived he could see
Missy was on her way.
With tears in his eyes so red
crying, he heard her say,
"Rememeber all the things we planned?
Now we'll never get to do.
But love, please know as much as I,
that Jesus loves you, too.
Don't be angry with Him now,
tell Him thank you, please?
It hurts too much to be here,
I'm sorry I have to leave."

Her man was there for all the pain
that Missy suffered through,
and with tears falling just like rain,
he watched the last breath Missy drew.


No comments: