6/19/2006

FREEDOM FROM

Freedom from the same old thing.

Freedom from worrying about what others think of me.

Freedom from conventional "wisdom", whatever that is. Maybe it's like common sense, which we find more and more isn't so common.

Freedom from HAVING to do anything to EARN God's "blessings", which by the way, is what many mainstream Christians think they have to do. I should know, I came from there.

Freedom from guilt.

Freedom from my past.

Freedom from carrying the betrayals of others around unforgiven.

Freedom from bad blood between us.

Freedom from how I perceive you, and how you perceive me.

Freedom from dragging my daughter through the mud of guilt.

Freedom from having yet another thing weigh on my conscience.

Freedom from hate.

Freedom from rejection.

Freedom from sin.

Freedom from wondering what sin is, and what it isn't.

Freedom from wondering if I have pleased God today.

Freedom from lasting anger.

Freedom from myself, who is currently my worst enemy, especially when he whispers that I am not really free.

Freedom from worrying if what I believe is false.

Freedom from everything that is physical.

Freedom from everything that is within me.

Freedom from everything that is without me.

Freedom from lack of confidence.

Freedom from all I ever feared.

These are a few of my favorite things. They come to me because God has set me free through Jesus Christ. I didn't have to believe right, and I didn't have to act right. He took care of all that for me. That's why I am so free, because it didn't depend on me.

No comments: