9/12/2005

OSCAR ATE!!

Praise God!!

Oscar the Oscar ate this morning!

Yes, I know, he is just a fish, but he’s a really big, really cute fish! And…I love him. I think.

You know, unlike a cat or a dog, I can’t give him a big hug, but I can talk to him, and sometimes, he seems far more respondent than any cat or dog I have ever met. He recognizes me, and he gets quite upset if the kitchen (where he resides) is full of people he doesn’t recognize. Most of his major splashes come when the kitchen is full of “strangers”.

Maybe it’s just because he sees someone he’d like to eat?

This morning, when I put the food into the tank, I noticed Oscar was wagging his tail like he used to, and I didn’t really think anything of it, because he had done so recently, and then ignored the food I put into the tank. I tried a few different things, trying to coax him into chasing down food, and then decided to go back to the same food. He ignored it for a week or so again. But this morning, he approached it at the surface, and then gulped it down, and then another, and another, and another. This is quite an appetite for him, as these pieces of food are about one-eighth of an inch thick, and generally an inch long. He swallows them whole.

After he had eaten, he danced around his tank briefly, and then settled into “his corner”, where Blacky the shark once again seems to know that he isn’t welcome. Oscar has taken to chasing Blacky out of the way again. It looks like everything is back to normal for the big guy, and I couldn’t be happier.

Hey…maybe he passed a kidney stone? Ha Ha!!!

No comments: