1/15/2006

THE CHOKING GAME REVISITED

This is my second post regarding the Choking Game.

A lady named Loni visited my weblog, and shared her story in a comment in that post. I wanted to include the link she gave us in an actual post, so you don't have to go digging through old comments to find it.

The point of this post is this: TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THIS GAME!

Make them aware that their children might be asked to participate. Help them understand that this isn't a Christian crusade, and it isn't a finger pointing exercise. Help them undersand that children are at risk, and apparently, don't seem to know that they are. Help them know about this game, because many parents don't.

That is the biggest reason for this second post. It's hard to believe we don't know about it. It's hard to believe children are dying playing a "game", and most of the parents I have talked to had no idea this "game" even existed.

Maybe that's a reflection on the media, who seems to take every opportunity to tell us about bad crap, but for some reason, this "game" doesn't get much air time. Maybe the media is too busy. We are not.

Please tell every parent you see about this, if you at all can. I have never asked this of anyone, but for whatever reason, this "game" has my attention, and I wanted to do something about it. Now you can, too.

No comments: